Outdoor Scholars Podcasts
Listen to our new podcasts that are coming out weekly to bi-weekly. These podcasts are student recorded and edited. They include interviews with our students that are discussing their trips they have just taken and more. Tune in for a good laugh, you'll never know what you're going to hear next!
The podcasts are available on Spotify and Apple Music.
Click on the link to get to the podcasts:
Outdoor Scholar of Year Standings
2020-21 Outdoor Scholars Top 10
Enjoying the great outdoors
If you enjoy outdoor pursuits, the President’s Outdoor Scholars is for you. Simplify your life, unplug and enjoy the great outdoors with like-minded students who love experiencing Mother Nature as much as you.
- Conservation and game management
- Monthly on-campus meetings, lectures and activities related to hunting and fishing techniques and strategies
- Exploration of careers in outdoor sports and related fields
- Coursework on outdoors and the environment
- Preparation of fish and wild game for the table
- Academic lectures related to sporting and outdoor life
One of the highlights of the program is our trips. We take one to two trips per semester, plus participants are guaranteed 1 trip per year at no cost to the student.
Recipients may choose from any of the following sample trips:
- Bass fishing on legendary Lake Fork in Texas (includes professional guide)
- Quail hunting at an exclusive private club
- Bass fishing at private lakes and ponds
- Deep-sea and big-game fishing off the Gulf Coast or in the Florida Keys
- Duck hunting in the Mississippi Delta, Arkansas or Louisiana
- Guided big-game hunts
- Trout fishing in Venice, La.
Our guest speaker series and hands-on activities is what makes the President's Outdoor Scholars Program so unique.
- 8/25 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Welcome Back to School Meeting (Lodge)
- 9/3-9/4 Bow Fishing Trip with Nightshift Charters (Gulf Shores, AL)
- 9/5-9/7 Redfishing Trip with Native Adventure (Louisiana)
- 9/8 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 9/9 Hog Hunt with Hog Rush (Montgomery, AL)
- 9/10-9/11 Hog Hunt with Steve Long (Union Springs, AL)
- 9/15-9/16 Teal/Dove Hunt (Mississippi)
- 9/22 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 10/6 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 10/20 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 10/29-10/31 Eddie Salter Bowhunting Challenge (Evergreen, AL)
- 11/3 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 11/12-11/15 Illinois Bowhunt