Outdoor Scholars Podcasts
Listen to our new podcasts that are coming out weekly to bi-weekly. These podcasts are student recorded and edited. They include interviews with our students that are discussing their trips they have just taken and more. Tune in for a good laugh, you'll never know what you're going to hear next!
The podcasts are available on Spotify and Apple Music.
Click on the link to get to the podcasts:
Outdoor Scholar of Year Standings
2022-23 Outdoor Scholars Top 10
Previous Winners: Ethan Honaker 2022, Drew Traffanstedt 2021, J.T. Russell 2020, Porter James 2019/2018, Grant Deavers 2017/2016
Enjoying the great outdoors
If you enjoy outdoor pursuits, the President’s Outdoor Scholars is for you. Simplify your life, unplug and enjoy the great outdoors with like-minded students who love experiencing Mother Nature as much as you.
- Conservation and game management
- Monthly on-campus meetings, lectures and activities related to hunting and fishing techniques and strategies
- Exploration of careers in outdoor sports and related fields
- Coursework on outdoors and the environment
- Preparation of fish and wild game for the table
- Academic lectures related to sporting and outdoor life
One of the highlights of the program is our trips. We take one to two trips per semester, plus participants are guaranteed 1 trip per year at no cost to the student.
Recipients may choose from any of the following sample trips:
- Bass fishing on legendary Lake Fork in Texas (includes professional guide)
- Quail hunting at an exclusive private club
- Bass fishing at private lakes and ponds
- Deep-sea and big-game fishing off the Gulf Coast or in the Florida Keys
- Duck hunting in the Mississippi Delta, Arkansas or Louisiana
- Guided big-game hunts
- Trout fishing in Venice, La.
Our guest speaker series and hands-on activities is what makes the President's Outdoor Scholars Program so unique.
- 8/25 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Welcome Back to School Meeting (Lodge)
- 9/3-9/4 Bow Fishing Trip with Nightshift Charters (Gulf Shores, AL)
- 9/5-9/7 Redfishing Trip with Native Adventure (Louisiana)
- 9/8 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 9/9 Hog Hunt with Hog Rush (Montgomery, AL)
- 9/10-9/11 Hog Hunt with Steve Long (Union Springs, AL)
- 9/15-9/16 Teal/Dove Hunt (Mississippi)
- 9/22 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 10/6 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 10/20 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 10/29-10/31 Eddie Salter Bowhunting Challenge (Evergreen, AL)
- 11/3 3:30 P.M. Outdoor Scholars Meeting (Lodge)
- 11/12-11/15 Illinois Bowhunt